Hidalgo County Texas
Go To Search
I can't find my voter certificate/card. Will I be able to vote without it?
If you are a registered voter and you have lost or misplaced your voter certificate, you may vote without your certificate by providing some form of identification (see list below) and signing an affidavit at the polls. This is the procedure to follow if your voter registration is still current and your name appears on the voter rolls in your county of residence. You may also contact your county voter registrar to obtain a replacement certificate.
Acceptable documents are:

1. a driver's license or personal identification card issued to you by the Department of Public Safety or a similar document issued to you by an agency of another state, regardless of whether the license or card has expired;

2. a form of identification containing your photograph that establishes your identity;

3. a birth certificate or other document confirming birth that is admissible in a court of law and establishes your identity;

4. United States citizenship papers issued to you;

5. a United States passport issued to you;

6. official mail addressed to you, by name, from a governmental entity;

7. a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows your name and address; or

8. any other form of identification prescribed by the secretary of state.

Elections Department

Show All Answers

1. Who can Register?
2. When can I register to Vote?
3. Where can I register to vote?
4. How often do I have to register to vote?
5. Am I able to change my address or apply for VR card online?
6. I can't find my voter certificate/card. Will I be able to vote without it?
7. Must a Texas Drivers License (TDL)# be provided on a VR application?
8. What if I move?
9. How can I find out if I am registered to vote or if you have my correct address?
10. What do volunteer deputy registrars do?
11. Who may serve as a volunteer deputy registrar?
12. Who may NOT become a volunteer deputy registrar?
13. How do I get the voter registration cancelled if my family memeber is deceased?
14. I want to speak to somone in the Republican/Democratic party or contact a particular candidate.
15. I just moved into Hidalgo County but never registered to vote. This being Election Day, can I still pratice my right to vote?
16. How much time does a person have to respond to a supplemental letter?
17. I'm going on a trip to Mexico and they told me I need my voter registration card to get back. I don't have it. Can you send me one or can I come in and get it?